Ostriv aims to raise the bar of city-building experience by adding a huge amount of possibilities and removing annoying limitations. It allows for truly organic town layouts without the grid and angle restrictions on a three-dimensional landscape. The goal is to make player’s creations to become alive and believable communities where real-life problems would arise, thus making the late game a new challenge rather than a repetitive chore.
The current alpha contains 39 basic buildings, 4 maps, advanced farming with crop rotation and ploughing, organic dirt roads modeling, dynamically changing seasons, basic trading by land and some other things you would expect from a city-building game.
A lot of things are yet to be done. Check out the current roadmap to see what’s planned to be added before Ostriv becomes a finished game.
- campaign (story mode)
- improved trading: trade by sea and by river, negotiations, discounts, reputation
- more statistics(production, consumption, trade etc.)
- more production chains
- education, religion, entertainment
- crime, justice and security
- more types of housing(row houses etc.)
- more types of bridges, paved roads
pigs✓, sheep, chicks✓, orchards, more crop types more sound effects and music✓ even more
- improved graphics and optimized performance for bigger cities
- Linux (and maybe Mac) support
- weather effects
- improved navigation
- cats and dogs
- more believable behaviors, social activities, animations
- more realistic products consumption,
real demand for food variety✓
- products quality, spoilage
- worker experience, sharing experience, manager skills
- private businesses
vehicles wearing out✓
- more town hall functionality : advisors, policies, personnel management
- more maps with different landscape types
ability to select camp position✓
- better tree models
- more languages
- complete game manual and in-game tips
- more options,
customizable key bindings✓
- customizable building colors, ornamentation
- customizable building forms,
- modding support (level editor, building editor)
Screenshots of the current state of the game. To be updated as the development goes on.
My name is Yevheniy and I came to this world to create the best city-building experience I can and some other stuff. I live in Kharkiv, Ukraine and I have been developing Ostriv alone on my spare time since 2014. In 2018 I started gathering talented people around me to get the development on a higher level. You can talk to me by this email: email@example.com
buy Ostriv Alpha 2 to support the developer
You get a downloadable DRM-free copy of the game and life-long subscription for all future updates, including a Steam/GOG key.
(Powered by Humble Bundle)
Make sure to enter email address correctly, you’ll get a download link on it!
You can then download new versions with the same link.
The current release targets Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 or newer), with Linux and Mac on the roadmap. You will need a multi-core processor and a powerful gaming video card that supports OpenGL 4.3+ to play Ostriv. GTX 770 or better is recommended. Integrated Intel video cards are not currently fully supported. Some Radeon cards may experience reduced performance at this point.