This update has a great chance to become the last one for Alpha 2. In coming months I’ll be putting more effort to prepare for Steam and GOG early access release along with a big content update, namely Alpha 3.
For those who missed this I’m reminding that Ostriv now has a Steam store page where you can wishlist it and follow the updates. Also just to remind to current owners that if you have bought the game on this site, there’s no need to buy it again: Steam activation keys will be provided to you for free once the game released on Steam and GOG. If you prefer getting updates from HumbleBundle link, no need to worry – it will be still regularly updated along with other platforms.
Now to what’s new in patch 4.
- Redesigned the numeric system to show integer numbers. No more decimal points
- The game will now notify on the main screen if an update is available
- Added text descriptions about raw materials shortage in several buildings
- Added an ability to customize the look of market stalls. This feature will later be also implemented for other buildings
- Citizens can now buy multiple food items from market stalls at a time if they are sold nearby
- Now showing which resources are missing for the tanning batch
- The hay dryer now shows wet grass in right color
- Increased an amount of nails recovered from demolishing (50% to 80%)
- Decreased pig food consumption by 25%
- Now showing how many families are still living in tents
- Slightly optimized rendering with shadows disabled
- Now showing for how long current food/water stock gonna last in cowsheds, pigsties and chicken coops
- Added another autosave level autosave_previous_previous to be able to go back further
- Chickens didn’t lay eggs if no wheat in storage
- Tailors didn’t start production if textile amount is <0.5 while batch only needs 0.1
- It was possible to create an oversized field causing glitches and/or crashes
- Could only trade 20 nails at a time
- Laborers could sometimes get stuck as if they are hired workers
- Sometimes adult males were accidentally married to underage girls
- Citizens had jerky movements in older towns
- Supply limits didn’t reset on year change
To update your game you can just download it again from Humble with the same link they sent you when you purchased the game and then replace it completely with your current version. Your saves and options will stay.
If you have lost your link, you can use this tool to regain access: http://humblebundle.com/resender
If you have errors regarding “MSVCP140.dll” you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017. Here’s the direct link for 32-bit version: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe and here for 64-bit: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe